- Acquired thirty years of senior management and entrepreneurial experience. Established and directed numerous business ventures including manufacturing, distribution, retail dealerships, management consulting, and investment firms.
- Recognized as a visionary leader in restructuring the operations of large corporations in numerous industries resulting in significant sales and profitability increases.
- Developed a large network of contacts with key decision-makers in distribution, manufacturing, and agricultural settings on an international scale. Personally acquainted with business leaders and owners throughout Canada in varied industries.
- Created work environments that have resulted in long-term, dedicated, and quality personnel with exceptional employee morale.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and e-mail applications.
WALLACE & WALLACE FENCING • Winnipeg, Manitoba • 1982 – Present
SENIOR CONSULTANT (2000 – Present)
- Consult on all aspects of the operations of four company divisions with three branch offices and annual sales in excess of $20 million. These include Wallace & Wallace Fencing (commercial and residential fence manufacturer, distribution and installation company), Vanderbilt Fencing (architectural fencing manufacturer and distributor), Wallace International (high security automated vehicle access control gates), and Pevac America (anti-terrorism vehicle devices).
- Advise the senior management team on a daily basis on sales and marketing, finance, business planning, research and development, capital acquisitions, branding and corporate image, and strategic planning.
- Represent the organization at international trade shows. Coordinate all logistics.
- Negotiated with Heras Heckwerk (Europe’s largest fencing manufacturer) for the exclusive Canadian and USA distribution rights of their products. This spurred the establishment of Wallace International and expanded branches from one location in Winnipeg to three locations including Vancouver and Toronto as well as numerous US cities.
- Negotiated the exclusive sales distribution rights for North America of anti-terrorism vehicle products with Pevac (a division of the Royal Bam Group) in 2002. Founded Pevac America in 2004 upon securing the exclusive manufacturing rights for North America.
- Initiated and oversaw a research and development project for a newly designed post drive speed gate product (the first of its kind in North America).
PRESIDENT (1982 – 2000)
- Directed all operations of Wallace and Wallace Fencing with 45 employees.
- Selected, developed, and guided the management team including a Warehouse Manager, Sales Manager, Production Manager, and Financial Controller.
- Responsible for short-term and long-term strategic planning and implementation, operational decision-making and problem solving, and all purchasing.
- Established and managed a senior portfolio of accounts.
- Transformed a bankrupt corporation in 1982 with a tarnished reputation to one of Western Canada’s largest and most successful perimeter security organizations in Western Canada with an excellent reputation and corporate image.
- Built annual sales to $20 million with above average profitability for the industry.
- Secured major accounts including Corrections Canada, Transport Canada, and large land development and construction companies.
- Oversaw the construction of an 8000-sq. ft. plant in 1982 and a 14,000-sq. ft. plant in 1989.
- Tapped a new niche in Manitoba’s fencing market requiring the acquisition of Manitoba’s only weaving machine.
- Acquired major contracts such as Sears Home Improvements ($500,000 per annum) and Pan Am Games ($865,000 in 6 weeks).
- Established a strategic alliance with a large land developer, providing an export distribution network in Chile for building products.
WSANDY’S FARM SERVICE • Brunkild, Manitoba • 1976 – 1982
VICE-PRESIDENT AND Co-owner
- Co-managed a large farm equipment and fertilizer dealership in Southern Manitoba.
- Restructured all operations to improve customer service, employee productivity, sales, and profitability.
- Built sales of an existing operation from $2.3 million to $10.4 million in 7 years.
- Established an airport on the company property to facilitate improved mechanical service to clientele with a company-owned airplane.
- Expanded staff from 2 to 18.
- Under my direction, the company was recognized for the highest volume retail combine sales in Western Canada.
- Designed and oversaw the construction of a new facility.
MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT/PRESIDENT • 1980 – 1982
- Directed five international investment holding companies including the management of daily operations, legal and financial matters.
- Promoted to European business investors the value of Canadian land ownership.
- Sourced and negotiated the acquisition of agricultural lands in Canada on behalf of clients.
- Established a company that consulted on real estate transactions in excess of $10 million.
Larry Buhler • Resume • Page 3
ALLIS CHALMERS • Saskatoon, Saskatchewan • 1974 – 1976
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER
- Winner of an award for achieving the third highest sales in North America competing against over 1300 District Sales Managers.
- Established four new dealerships and oversaw all aspects of business development.
- Managed a dealer network comprised of 29 combine and tractor retailers. Consulted on strategic business planning, sales, marketing and merchandising strategies, inventory management, and cost controls.
- Facilitated educational workshops for sales and service employees.
- Private Pilot Licence – Land and Sea
- Completed the PADI Advanced Scuba Diver’s Course
- Attended Bethany Bible College for one year in Saskatchewan
- Completed a High School Diploma
Personal Information & Activities
- Director of Camp Arnes Board for 6 years.
- Fort Richmond Baptist Church for 4 years.
- Travelled extensively throughout 41 countries including Asia, Africa, Europe, New Zealand, Fiji, North America, and Caribbean. Developed an extensive network of contacts on an international scale through business and leisure travel.
- Completed water projects in Uganda with Rotary International and Compassion Canada.
- Active Member of Rotary Club – Past Club President, Chairman of many sub-committees at a club and district level, and Chairman 2002 District Convention with over 400 guests.
- Enjoys international motorcycling and gourmet cooking.
- Active in a local church as a member and volunteer in varied capacities.
- Proud father to four children and ten grandchildren.